Sunday, December 22, 2013

Blankie Surgery

On Friday Joli was out of school, and I told her that I would help her remake her blankie. It was really rather thrashed, and I figured there was really no salvaging the front, so we put the front on the inside to be sewn with the new backing we bought.
 
 I had a ton of scraps left from other blankies I've made, so the plan was to sew some squares around the outside of blankie and make it not only better, but bigger! Joli was so happy!
 I gave her some of the squares that were already cut and told her to decide where she wanted them.

 Then it was time to cut some more squares.

 We had "It's a Wonderful Life" on while we worked.

 Once we got the squares cut, she realized there were some colors that just didn't go, and decided to take those out. This is what it looked like once she got all the squares were she wanted them!
 Then I sewed them all onto blankie!!
The past few days I have spent actually quilting the top and bottom together, and tonight we will start on the binding!

No comments: