Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Cookies

Yesterday I mixed up some of Grandma Betty's gingerbread cookie dough, and let it cool in the refrigerator overnight. This evening we were ready to roll it out and make some cookies!
 The kids were so excited! Markus has been practicing on play-doh for over a month!
 He waited patiently while I rolled it out for him.
 Markus did such a good job cutting out cookies. He was obsessed with the candy cane cookie cutter, and made mostly candy canes.
 Joli was so helpful and really wanted to roll out her dough, but that marble rolling pin is rather heavy, so I did most of the rolling.
 She still did a great job cutting out the cookies, putting them on the cookie sheet, and then getting the dough ready for rolling again.

 They came out so amazing! They are almost perfect enough that I can close my eyes and pretend I'm at Grandma Betty's. This is one happy girl!!

No comments: