Sunday, December 1, 2013

First Day of Christmas

Today we started our quilted advent calendar!! Yay!! I'm so glad I made this!
Day one was to draw and activity out of the jar.
Unfortunately the dogs knocked down part of our fence, so about half the day was spent helping Joe rebuild it. The kids were super happy to be able to play with the scrap wood!

 Joli helped me seal the boards that were going to go on the deck.
 I had to run to Home Depot to get more screws, and while I was there I found a Christmas train! I've always wanted one!
 Markus must have watched it go around and around for a half hour!







 After the kids got bored of the train we finally did our December activity! We've done it for a few years, but the kids love making paper plate reindeer. Markus did such a great job. I was so impressed!







 I had to put the train up while we used the table, and it actually looked pretty cute.


 It's always interesting when you live with super heroes.
 I was so excited when I was going through boxes and found this adorable tape and scissors set!! I couldn't wait to use it!!
 Joe went and got me a Coke and then it really felt like Christmas!
 I also made a little chandelier to go over the table. It turned our pretty cute! 
 At the end of the evening we all curled up on the couch and watch Home Alone. I just love listening to the kids laugh through that movie!
December is so wonderful!

No comments: