Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Circle Round

Joli and I had a very fun and exciting afternoon. My friend Jessica and her family came down and wanted to eat on the bay, so I took them down to Seaport Village. Although our service was horrible, we did have a very good time. After we ate we walked around and got ice cream. Then we came to the carousel and decided we would all ride. Joli was old enough that if we sat on a bench then we would have to pay for both of us, but if I stood next to her on a horse then we would only have to pay for her. So I decided to go ahead and do that, and I put her on one between Jessica and her sister, and then I stood next to her. The only problem was that it went up pretty high, which made us all a little nervous. But I strapped her in and she didn't let go of the pole. At first I wasn't quite sure what she thought.
I think she may have just been taking it all in. There were so many lights and sounds, not to mention the up and down, round and round that was making ME nauseous.
Then she really got into it and was swinging one arm with a loud squeel, and giggle. We were all cracking up.
Here I am holding onto her and trying not to fall over from the force of the carousel and laughing.
Then there was more happiness and laughing. It was so adorable, next time I'm getting it on video.
The only problem was that once it started slowing down Joli started yanking on the pole and trying to make it speed up. I think she had a wonderful time!!

No comments: