Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Next Stage

Joli has now officially moved into her own room. She and I worked most of the afternoon and evening and finally got her crib (and nightlight, stereo, binkies, and bedtime light) into her bedroom. I've been gradually moving the vast majority of her toys in there over the past month or so, although there are still plenty of toys in the living room. The decision to move her was thought about and discussed at great lengths the past few days. It all started because I bought a reading light.
I decided that I wanted to read before I went to bed. So I went to Ikea to find a lamp that I could attach to wall next to window, and then Joli can't knock it over. I found a really cute one for $4, and I got it in red. I brought home and put it on the wall. I was very excited, but decided that it looked lonely and I should buy one to go on the other side of the window. Before I got around to doing that I started thinking about much I really like the red and black theme. So I decided to get a curtain rod and put up some black curtains that I have that have red ties on them. When I was done with that I look around and realized that the black bear in the woods theme we had, didn't really match. So I moved the bears into Joli's room and took the black and red items that she had. I also decided to put the rose bedding back on the bed, but this time with black sheets. (They're a surprise for Joe.) When I went to Ikea I also found a black dresser, because although my dresser does not look like it's falling apart, as soon as I attempt to open any of the drawers it proves me wrong. I'm being good and waiting until payday for that though.
This is when I started to wonder if maybe now would be a good time to move Joli in to her own room. I was already going to be moving all this stuff around, and she sleeps in her crib for naps and most of the night, plus I'm not nursing her, so she doesn't really need to be right next to us. I also think that she is ready, and since she plays in her bedroom all the time it's not a scary place to her. Then Joe and I talked about it and agreed that she is ready to sleep in her own room at least for part of the night.
So I moved her bed to her room. But then I had an extra space in our bedroom, and I thought that the glider with the red rose fabric on it would go perfectly. And after many hours of moving and installing, I finally have our bedroom looking beautiful!!



Moving the crib into Joli's room meant that I had to take it apart and put it back together because it doesn't fit through the door. I also put up her moon light, and some curtains. I also found her a cute little lamp, and decided that her room was a woodland faery theme.


I have to say I feel very productive. I think I might go make a quilt now!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your bedroom is ready for Valentine's Day, and Joe will actually be here for it this year!