Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy V Day!


Valentine's Day has a tendency to put most people in sweet and loving mood. Unforunately I forgot that it was even going to be Valentine's Day until someone mentioned it. Oh well. I haven't really been in a romantic mood, more of a peaceful one. Partly brought on by a new hair color, fewer pounds on my hips, and a lovely trip down to the local farmers market.

The farmers market we have here is amazing! It's more like a street fair. It's located in the streets of one of the more eclectic local beach towns. It's so wonderful to see all the different people, most of which bring their dogs out with them, and are carrying a baby in some kind of sweet little carrier. There are all different booths from you regular fruits and vegetables, to handmade jewelry and tye-dyed clothing.

One of things they have is a few booths with some gorgeous flowers. Maybe it was because it was overcast and every thing seemed gray to me, but we walked past a tent that had these yellow, and orange and red flowers that just seemed to pop against the grayness that was out. After Joli and I took our time smelling and feeling the flowers we decided to buy a bunch. I let Joli hold one of them. At first she rubbed it and then she chewed on the stem. After I convinced her it wasn't all that good, she pulled all the pedals off. So I helped her put them in her pockets.

Our friends Chris and Kacey were at the farmers market with us and said they wanted to try a little greek restaurant on the corner. I normally don't do different kinds of foods, but since someone else wanted to I figured, why not? So we went and it was lovely! I really enjoyed all the different flavors and sauces. I'll probably eat greek food again!

It was a lovely afternoon that we ended my coming home and washing our fruit and putting our flowers in vase.

I'm going to use the strawberries tonight in the chocolate fondue I've planned for dessert. I also have bananas, graham crackers, and marshmellows.
We didn't get the clementines at the farmers market. We usually get those before at Trader Joe's, and then we can get cash back for the farmers market. Even though we buy them almost every week, this week they seem especially sweet for some reason.



Joli loves to look at our flowers while she eats. I do to.
Another thing I've been working on this week, is putting Joli's recieving blanket quilt together. It's made entirely out of her recieving blankets from when she was a newborn. The ones that have bolder colors are ones that my MIL made for her. I had a really hard time convincing myself to cut them, but eventually, after reminding myself that I was making this for her to have when she gets older, I decided that I would just cut off the part that I need and then finish the edges again so it would just be a smaller recieving blanket. This is what I did a few days ago.



Then I added a border to give it a more finished look.
Last night I put together the backing on put it together with the batting and the top. Now I'm working on tying it all together.



1 comment:

Laume said...

What a lovely post - you made me feel peaceful just reading it. And trust me, I needed it at this very moment. When I come down, can we go to the farmer's market? What day is the market? Hopefully not a Wednesday. I've got to run, lots to do before I run out of time to do it this afternoon. But I'll talk to you soon. XXOO