Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Two More Monkeys

I have discovered a new and wonderful way to experience the zoo! Even though we have year-round passes and get in for free, I always dread going because it's such a huge outing. Well today I decided to just go for a couple hours after Joli's nap. We only saw two areas and rode the skyfari (a little car that flies across the park so that you can see every thing including the ocean. I don't recomend it for those that are afraid of heights). The first area we went to was the children's section. They have smaller fences and a petting zoo. The first thing we saw were the ducks. Joli was so in love I didn't think we were going to be able to leave.



There was also a lizard shaped bench, and I don't think she knew it wasn't real. She refused to touch it, but would only look at it.
Then we were back at the ducks. Joli shouting "Dutty" for anyone to hear. Eventually she started trying to climb the fence so I offerd some loving encouragement on which exhit we should look at next.
When we got to the petting zoo part, all the goats and sheep were on the other side of their "personal space" chain. Joli did very good at staying on the correct side of the chain. I was actually surpised.
When we went to look at the baby goats a big goat came over, but Joli was only intersted in the looking, there was no touching.
She did like to see all the baby animals. We also went into the nursary they have and saw a baby gorilla. Joli told every one that walked in that there was a "babaa" in there. I think she liked that animals can be babies just like her.
There was this lion and a hippo statue in an area where the kids could climb on them, but much like the lizard, Joli was content on just looking.
Once we flew across the park we went to the Polar Bear area, but unfortunately they were asleep and boring. So we walked next door to the artic aviary. Which meant more ducks! Such a happy baby!

Once we got outside the aviary Joli was a little upset and continued to stand at the door. Eventually I convinced her that there were more animals to see and she walked over to the gazelles with me.
It was a fun little trip that wasn't completely exhausting. I didn't even bring the stoller. It's usually such a pain getting Joli in and out of it anyway, and this way she can get a bunch of energy out.



2 comments:

Laume said...

She looks so grown up in her little jeans. I love the photo of her cautiously eyeing the lizard. Can we go to the zoo too? So, let's see - shopping, farmer's market, greek food, zoo - YEAH!

Laume said...

I don't get the "two more monkeys" - you mean you and Joli were two more monkeys at the zoo today?