Monday, February 18, 2008

New Things

The rest of the weekend was just as crazy. My family came down on Saturday and we spent about seven hours shopping yesterday. We started out at Ikea. I wanted to get my new dresser and also wanted to get this little table and chairs that they had for only $19!!! Joli loves it!!
She's so happy to sit up like a big girl and do her puzzles, look at books, or just climb up and down in the chairs!!
Another stop we made yesterday was to Petsmart. The turtle tank started leaking earlier in the week. The plan was just to get a regular tank for Henry. But then I thought maybe I'd get a stand so he wouldn't have to stay in the window. But after I had already bought and got it into my car, I decided that it wasn't the right size and I didn't want to spend that much money. So I took the other stuff back and got a 29 gallon tank. We also got fish to put in the tank with Henry since the water was going to be higher. I also had to go to Lowes and get a brick to put the filter up higher so it would still work with the higher water level. So now it's all set up. Sampson was pretty excited about the fish part.
They were only 26 cents a piece. I have really bad luck with fish so I didn't want to spend a lot of money on them. Good thing because Henry already attacked one and removed its head. It was really fun naming them though. The one that lost its head was Snow White. The solid white one is Isolde. The mostly gold one is Aphrodite. And the one with a black tail is Dartanion.
Henry seems to really enjoy being able to swim around and chase the fish, but he can also climb up on top of the rocks and just enjoy himself.
It's so nice to just bask in the sunlight, or electric light. Henry doesn't seem to mind.

Another thing I found while we were at Ikea were these tiny little glasses for Joli. I think they are actually supposed to be shot glasses, but they look just like a set of our regular glasses and fit perfectly in her little hands. So I guess as long as I'm giving her milk and not vodka, it's not a big deal. Joli loves them. She gets to have her own little cup without a lid, and can hold it without any help!
We've had this pitcher for awhile. It makes it a lot easier when you're only pouring a tiny bit in the bottom of her glass at a time to keep it in a pitcher.
Joli still spills and forgets there's no lid, but she's just so happy to be so independent that I just keep extra napkins on hand.
We've also been working on using utensils this last week as well. I figure since we're not going anywhere for the next six months then it's a good time to start working with her on things. She really likes using utensils, she just has trouble getting the food on the spoon or fork. So I help her with that part and she'll eat until every thing is gone.
While we were out doing our major shopping trip, we stopped at the JoAnn Fabric superstore. I'm started to work on the quilt that Joe requested and they were having a 50% off sale, plus I had a 10% off coupon! That's a good deal on fabric, especially the different types of fabrics I was getting. There are going to be so many different textures, I think Joe's going to love it! We also found some iron-ons while we were looking around. These are two that my sister Elena did for Joli.

This is the one that I got for myself. It's hard to tell but it's actually metallic silver. It was really hard to put on too. As much as like it, I don't think I'm going to do a metallic again.And here it is, finally!! It took me over three hours last night, but I finally have my sexy black dresser. It has so much more space too!! I was even able to take some things out of the closet that I couldn't fit in before.
Another little thing I bought while at Ikea was a fake purple rose. My mom had M&Ms personalized for us for Valentine's day. They say "Happy Valentine's Day" and "We Love You". So I put them in a vase and put the flower in them. Now they look so cute!!
I also finished the binding on Joli's quilt this weekend. This is what the front looks like.
This is what the back looks like. The blue part is monkeys and the orange part is bubblebees.
It was a crazy and exciting weekend, but we got so much cool stuff and I have another project to start. Yay me!!






2 comments:

Miss Elena said...

aww she died :[
well now you get to get another one and name it your 5th name

Anonymous said...

ah I miss my baby too. :(