Monday, December 22, 2008

Another Journey Complete!

Today Joli, Kota and I tackled the longest part of the journey. I was woken up by a very impatient husband at 2:30am, and was unable to go back to sleep. So I took advantage of the situation and got in the shower and everyone packed up and on the road shortly after 4:30am. It was pouring down rain through the highest point of the drive and I was slightly nervous that it might turn into snow. Luckily we made it down the mountain and to a Starbucks and all was well! I was also able to finally get an amazing picture of myself...
Hahaha! After several hours of driving we came to a stop that had a small park area with a little parking lot. Since there was no one there but us, it was perfect for letting my two children run around.
I brought Kota's chain to use at my grandma's and was thrilled to see it hooked to the back of the car.
Both Kota and Joli thought all the puddles were awesome. Kota wouldn't stop drinking them and Joli was all about jumping in them. My first instinct was to tell them no, but eventually I just decided to let them do their thing and then I changed Joli afterward.
Here Joli is figuratively and literally testing the water.
After several more hours and a small incident of food poisening we finally made it to Uncle Sam's. Joli had a great time playing with the "gumballs". A few more games and she'll be a regular pool shark.
Later in the evening Sam decided he wanted some brownies and Joli thought she should help. I heard Sam in the kitchen saying something about a sling and then came in asking me what he could use for one. I said just wrap some fabric around you. He had this brilliant idea of using a fitted sheet and amazingly it worked!
It was so cute watching Sam explain to Joli as he did everything. Of course Joli is just thrilled to have male attention, and I don't think Uncle Sam minds all that much!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

So does that mean you got to talk to Joe!? Yeah!!! And, I love how you take pictures of yourself driving. lol... Very Safe. Shh..don't tell anyone I have done it too. Hope you have a GREAT time up North! Come visit us next!

Miss Elena said...

I'm not sure why you get food poisoning so often. It seems like its regular for you. That really sucked the night we were at linda's and had it :/

Lutrah's Ocean Alter said...

I love all the pictures of Joli playing, and the ones of her helping her uncle Sam in the kitchen....
I never knew that a bed sheet would be so handy in the kitchen with a toddler! Brilliant!