Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Is Insane!!

Well this is the first year that I haven't had all my Christmas shopping done in November and now I remember why I usually do that!! People are crazy and everywhere!! I went on a Monday afternoon with the idea that everyone would be at work. It was even pouring down rain and it was almost impossible to find a cart to put my child in! Who are all these people!?!?!

Once I finally finished buying all my presents I went on a search of a jacket. As we were getting ready to leave I realized that the only jackets I had were a leather one and a clothe one, neither of which had hoods. Yes I could just use an umbrella but have you ever tried to hold a two-year-old, a purse, a bunch of bags, and an umbrella? Yep, jackets are easier. So I thought I could just make due because what are the chances it's going to rain more than two days in a row here!? But then I remembered that I'm going to be spending Christmas in a very wet climate! So we went searching for a jacket.

Now I understand that we live in San Diego and that it only actually rains here about 5% of the year, if that, but that doesn't mean that in the middle of winter no one should sell jackets!! I went to a couple different stores because I just wanted to get a fairly inexpensive that would block the rain. Finally I gave in and went to the sports store. I ended up buying one that was on sale that was awesome! It's actually a snowboarding jacket but since it's water proof and has a hood it will definitely do the job, plus it will be great for when Joli and I stop in the snow! Once I got home I discovered that since it's meant for snowboarding it's got more pockets than you could ever imagine! I'm debating whether or not I should carry a purse anymore!

Last night I decided that since we were leaving for Christmas I didn't want to have to drag Joli's presents around with us, so I let her open the present from my grandparents. It was this cute little cash register with money and a basket of items to scan, it even had a credit card! She loves it! I think it's about the only thing she's played with the last two days!

Since we were our shopping for so long, Joli didn't get her nap until after 5:00. Poor thing was so wiped out, she came out of her bedroom about halfway through her nap and laid on the couch, then she proceeded to sleep until almost 9:00!!!
She woke up as I was wrapping presents and came in to play with the empty tubes as I had ran completely out of wrapping paper. She took the rolls and put them on her head and then she said "I Mickey Mouse!" It was hilarious!!

1 comment:

danielle said...

So cute!! We missed you guys on Saturday night I hope you all are doing well :)