Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Done! It's Done!! It's Done!!!

So awhile back I mentioned to Joe that I wanted to make him a quilt. He told me he would like one that's red, black, gray, and textured. So being the wonderful wife that I am (ha ha) I went out and bought fabrics within those specifications. I thought that I could easily get it all done by his birthday... in April... of last year!!! Then the reality set in that I am now a mother and the probability of me once again finishing a quilt in a two day time period is slim to none. So I thought maybe I could get it done before Joe deployed... then we bought a house, got a dog, and bought a new car, and before I knew it, Joe was leaving. So I thought that was fine, I could just work on it while he was gone and give it to him when he got back. Then he called me a few weeks ago to tell me that it was cold there and that if I sent him his quilt he would definitely use it. So good wife syndrome kicked in and I went to work, and look! Now it's done!
I'm so excited to go the post office tomorrow and send it to him!! Other I haven't decided what I'm going to say on the customs form. Do I mention the value of the time and energy that went into it or just simply put down the amount of money I spent on it?!?! I'm thinking maybe insurance and tracking?

While I was busy trying to win the wife of the year award (watch out Michelle Obama), Joli was being incredibly adorable. She once again had her wings on and had a pot and a spoon from her kitchen that she had turned into a traveling drum. She was also singing and dancing as she beat her drum.
Here she is in the beginning of the finale. She didn't seem to mind the camera so much!
And here is the dramatic ending to her little production. Always a crowd pleaser!
Showing off just a little more, in case I hadn't noticed the full effect.
She's very much on the the road to being a little drama queen. Yesterday she had a little piece of ribbon which she put on her head and said "I a princess". I'm still a little confused as to where she learned this as her father and I have made a point to not put this idea in her head, but I guess it was inevitable. Here she is running around me while I took picures.
A little later she continued with her dress-up/pretend play and decide that thing that would make the cat happy would be to wear her new play necklace. She told me "kitty pretty". I would have to agree.
I also caught her laying in her ball pit talking to her baby. I was unable to catch a picture but a little later Joli found the diaper changing pads and decided her baby need a diaper change. I don't think I'd recommend her for baby sitting any time soon. When she couldn't figure out how to get the baby's clothes off she began banging the baby's head against the floor. That's kind of frowned upon these days.
It's so entertaining to watch her enter this make believe world. I truely believe it's one of the greatest things about childhood and I have every intention of making sure her little imagination can go wherever she would like it to go.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Yeah!!! I bet Joe will be so happy when he opens his box! It looks great! I want one! lol...

Joli is too much. He is so advanced. And your stories are so freakin cute.

Anonymous said...

great post babe, she's goin to be a handfull at the fairy festival this year. the quilt looks awesome. i love you

Laume said...

It's lovely! It's lovely! It's lovely!

Laume said...

Oops. I forgot to use THREE exclamation points each. Oh well. Joli looks cute too - wish I could have seen her routine. Maybe she'll do a second show for us in a few weeks. I think she's actually gonna be easier this year at the festival because she won't run off as much - or at least, she'll be old enough to be in trouble if she does.