Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Beach and The Girls!

Since Jessica is in town and it's her first time here with Cole, she wanted to take him to the beach. We know he's only four months old but we took Joli to the beach when she was a week old just for the simple experience of her being there for the first time. So today was Cole's first trip to the beach. Joli, of course, is a pro at being at the beach.
Cole did seem to enjoy himself, although I think it was a little colder than he'd have liked.
He was very curious about all the noise and what was going on.
Joli made designs in the sand and flirted with the waves.
It was nice to just walk down the beach and check out the water.
We've had amazing amounts of seaweed washing up on the shore this year and today was no exception. I did get Joli to feel it a few times though.
Look, look, I'm in pictures!! It's so exciting! Joli and I ran around pretending that the waves were going to catch us.
Here I am trying to get her to experience even more seaweed.
I have an amazing picture of me as the sun is going to down where all you can see is my shadow, and it was taken the day I went into labor. So I thought this picture was just so awesome to say almost two years ago exactly I have another picture of the two of us but with Joli hours from entering the world.
Here's the four of us twelve years after Jessica and I became friends with our two children on the beach!
After we left the beach we went and grabbed some lunch. Joli and I split some nachos and Joli certainly enjoyed them! She was dancing on the bench singing "I'm so happy!".
In the evening we went over to Robyn's house for dinner and our dessert was frosting and eating sugar cookies. Joli did not object to this activity.
In fact I had a difficult time getting her to look up for the pictures! Here's all us lonely girls keeping each other company!

No comments: