Saturday, December 20, 2008

An Early Christmas

Since Joli and I are planning on being in Oregon by Christmas, we went ahead and did our little Christmas with my family today. Part of the day including hanging out with most of my family except Elena who had to work. I was able to capture a few pictures of my little sleeping beauty last night before I went to bed, in the little bed for Joli. She actually spent most of the night in it which was pretty exciting!
This morning Joli found Grandpa Pat's slippers in the closet and was determined she just had to have them. They are so huge on her!
My mom brought Joli the rest of her birthday presents and she was very pleased to see it was things to go with her kitchen. She got a ton of play food and a little chef's outfit to go with it. It is so cute!After we had lunch we went to see the new Disney movie in theaters called Bolt. It's a movie about a dog that thinks he has super powers. It was really cute and almost two hours long! Which suprisingly Joli sat through most of it! She got out of her seat twice to stand in front of her chair, but that was it. I was very excited also because it was her first time watching a movie in the theater! Joe and I took her to see the last Harry Potter movie when she was an infant but she slept through the whole thing, so this really was her first movie going experience! She did so good!
This evening my sisters just couldn't stand it anymore and we opened presents before dinner. Joli of course got a ton of stuff! She got this Fisher Price barn that I really wanted to get for her so I told Grandpa Pat about it so he could get it for her. She loved it! Fortunately she's too young to notice that both her package from her daddy and I were pajama's, and the ones I have for her for Christmas are pajama's too. I just figure she's getting toys from everyone else and she needed warm pajama's for our trip, so she's opening them in intervals. She's such a good sport about it though. Each pair she opened she said "Oh cute, mommy!", completely forgetting that she helped me pick them out last week!
Here are my two sisters having a nice moment trying to figure out how to put the batteries in the barn. Joli was still enjoying her play food so she didn't mind. Of course there's GG taking pictures too!
Here is our nice Christmas dinner. Some people had their mouths full but trust me this is the best picture!
She also got a little keyboard from my family that has a micrphone that hooks up to it. Joli gave us a little show and sang "Twinkle, twinkle, little star" several times, as well as the "The ABC's" and "The Wheels on the Bus".
Here is one natural shot with my family hanging out on the computer! Elena was showing us her new photos that she did for her photography class. It was pretty cool!

No comments: