Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Swimming In Fine Foods!

Today was swim lessons and I was so excited to have more pictures of me with Joli! We have some excellent pictures with her and Joe in the pool but not too many with me, so here we are being so happy to be in the warm pool!
Joli has gotten really good at blowing bubbles, unfortunately she has also figured out spitting! It is not a very fun game for mommies.
One thing that Joli has gotten really good at is kicking her feet. When we first started it was kind of hit and miss but now she has not only learned how to kick but that if she doesn't kick I will still move her to where we are trying to go and it is just one more wonderful way that she can be defiant!
Isn't two such a wonderful age! I'm not sure if it's all the attention she's had lately with so many friends and family around but this "I am the center of the universe" attitude is getting pretty old.
Here is Joli after swim lessons showing everyone how much I torture her by bathing her often. I know, I know, what a horrible mother! I use soap and everything!
After swim lessons we went to this lovely little french bakery and had some wonderfully fine foods! I had a delicious chicken salad and was feeling pretty good about myself until I ate this. (Well part of it.)
Joli loved drinking Grammi's tea. I think she might just like Europe after all!
This evening we went up to a fun little area near Kacie's house in search of the Moroccan restaurant that I happened to drive by very quickly one time on my way to another restuarant about seven months ago. Looking back it doesn't seem like it was the brightest of all ideas, but we weren't too terrible hungry and were enjoying just checking out the area. After we had driven around for about a half hour we decided to just find a place to park and then we would walk around and decide on something to eat. So we drove around for another fifteen minutes until we drove past a spot, realized it was a spot, and backed up into it. As we were about to get out of the car we looked up and noticed the sign that said Moroccan Restaurant... duh!! We couldn't believe after all that driving around we ended up parking right in front of it!! It was excellent food though, and now no one can tell me that I am a picky eater anymore! After we ate we walked around for awhile and checked out the shops and stopped in another fine chocolate shop for a tiny truffle of sorts. It was a wonderful evening and an even better way to distract my brain!

3 comments:

Laume said...

But she IS the center of the universe!

Nah, but I think she's been very good. For a two year old. Compared to say.... her father when he was a two year old. Hmmmm. Maybe about the same. But she's only JUST turned two. Just remember, it only lasts one year. And you'll look back on it fondly some day. I promise. You might not be able to hear as well by the time the year's through, but you'll survive pretty much intact. And much more skilled at high level negotiations, which will come in handy if you ever want to become Secretary of State. Hehehe.

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry i haven't left comments, i told you i've been really busy anyways that chocolate tower pic is awesome, with joli staring at it, lol. i love you guys.

Miss Elena said...

The picture of her blowing bubbles is adorable :]