Thursday, December 18, 2008

Getting Ready

Joli and I have spent the past few days getting ourselves ready for our big Christmas trip while spending time with friends before we left. We're finally just about ready but I just wanted to put up a few pictures of the past few days.

The night before last I hear Joli in the other room saying "No, seata", I was very intrigued as this is the command we use to tell Kota to sit. So I went in and say Joli sitting on the floor with a little stuffed snowman that has a little stuffed dog. Apparently the snowman was having trouble walking his dog like I do with mine, so Joli was helping out.
Last night we had the girls over for one last girls dinner before Christmas. It was a lot of fun and the food turned out awesome! Robin even commented today that she thinks it was the first time we've actually finished off all the food! As we sat and talked and drank our wine the hours once again just flowed by and we ended up eating a snack of cheese and crackers. After all the the cheese was gone there were a few crackers left so I found some creative uses for them. This was after I turned a wine cork into a finger football and the empty wine bottles into goal posts.
Eventually the girls decided that they better get themselves home as it was a weeknight but not before I snapped a few pictures. I must not have been at the top of my game because I don't think anyone was aware that I was taking pictures.
Joli was very good and entertained herself most of the evening. She's still enjoying the cash registar my grandma and grandpa gave her and also the basket in which I put all the food.
Tonight we got an email from Wal-Mart saying that the site-to-store order that Joe's sister Noel had placed was ready to be picked up. It was so exciting as I didn't think it would be here before we left. Joli loves it! It is a Handy Manny workbench and truck, so she can pretend to make things and fix things on the back on the front she can fix the truck! Here she is pretending to be Daddy.
But of course she has to show off her Uncle Sam skills as well! It's so cute, it has all these different buttons that tell her what to fix and what to fix it with. She might just have some of my tomboy traits afterall!
Of course an important part of any job is cleaning up after yourself. This is what happens when your mind is jumbled and you leave wipes within her reach!
Well hopefully I won't have a problem finding a wireless signal over the next few weeks and there will be lots more posts about our wondeful Christmas!

1 comment:

casey, nicki & ryan said...

hey! have a great trip. You'll definitely have to come over and see the house when you get back.