Friday, December 19, 2008

First Leg Complete

After a TON of effort I managed to get myself, Joli, Kota, and Sampson all loaded in the car along with our enormous amount of crap and all our Christmas presents. Sampson was not at all pleased as he was the only one that was just chillin' on the seat. Normally he would be in a large crate with Romeo but since this is the first trip we have taken with him since Romeo died and I didn't really have the space for the big crate, Sampson got to ride on the seat. He cried a bit, and tried to climb under my feet a few times, and acted like he was going toward the door everytime I opened, but he really took the cake when he decided about halfway to my family's house that he couldn't make it and pooped on my teddy bear! Luckily it was just on the little underwear and I got out a baby wipe and tossed the poop, but I could not believe it!
Joli did fine as well. Our trip was right in between getting up for the morning and taking a nap so she was wide awake. We also recently started cutting out binky in the car unless it's naptime, which is fine except it makes her super chatty about everything and she wants to constantly be asking me questions or telling me she wants some, which makes it very difficult to drive especially if you're checking your cat for poop!
Of course I can't forget Kota. He is the best rider of everyone. If only they could all take a lesson. He runs and jumps in the car and waits for me to shut the door and then when I start driving he just lays down until I stop the car!! It's awesome! The only time he freaked out today was after I put Joli in the car I brought Sampson out then ran back to lock up the house. When I got back to the car the dog was going nuts trying to get to the cat, the cat was going nuts trying to get out, and Joli was screaming because she wanted some toy! I had a drifting thought of leaving them all in the car and going back to bed.
Once we got there all was well. Both the Aunties came home and then Grandpa Pat and then GG. We had some dinner, and Joli opened some of her Christmas presents. Then Brianna brought out a very unsuspecting cat. Neo was a very good sport and let Joli lay all over him.
He also laid very still so Joli could hold him. She was of course very confused when "Kitty wun way".
Brianna entertained herself by putting Froggie in Joli's sweatshirt but Joli thought it was cool.
Grandpa Pat had a long week and didn't really respond much until we mentioned going to get frozen yogurt. It sounded like a good idea at the time, but of course what made us think that it would warm us up when it was 42 degrees outside I don't know.
Here is one rare happy shot of Brianna before she started acting goofy for the camera.
So far a good trip. I'm planning on going to get chains for the car tomorrow and hopefully our luck will continue all the way to Oregon!

3 comments:

Miss Elena said...

ah that is a rare occasion haha

Miss Elena said...

oh and new blog :]

Laume said...

Did you change the name of this post between last night and today? Or am I just imagining things?