Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Burned Tootsies

This morning we began getting ourselves ready to head back to Grammi and Papas. While I was getting everything together, Joli decided to play pool...
Since Joe went off with Sam, I took Joli to Kid's Kingdom. It's this huge playground that was built when I was a kid. She had a blast.
This is the little tot area that Joli spent a little bit of time in. She's right at that in between stage where the little playground is too small but the big playground is almost too big.
After climbing through all the tunnels, Joli found some swinging tires.
There is also an airplane that she can fly herself. I told her she had to pretend to fly, she wanted it to actually fly.
When I was a teenager there was a water area put in next to the playground. It's a huge volcano that erupts water at certain times throughout the day. This is the entrance.
Joli headed straight for the alligator that she wante to stand on.
I think these little holes were broken because only a few of them shot out water and it wasn't very much. Joli enjoyed it anyway.
Here is the volcano. We weren't there long enough to see it erupt but I hear it's pretty cool.
Eventually Joli got bored and went back to the playground to cross some bridges.
After we came home we ate some lunch and decided to get in the pool. It was about 110 degrees by then but the pool was very nice. As we were getting out Joli stopped to pee and didn't realize the ground was so hot. I was standing by the backdoor waiting for her when she started to run across the sand, but it was so hot on her feet that it was burning her and she was in too much pain to keep going. By the time I got her out of the sand and into the house she was in serious pain. I tried to comfort her but it soon became obvious that she was really burnt and I got some clothes on her and took her over to the emergency room. By this point she had stopped crying and wanted to play with the toys in the waiting room.
It didn't take too long for the doctor to see us and she confirmed that Joli had second degree burns on the bottoms of her feet. She prescribed a cream and said to then cover her feet in gauze and wrap them to keep them from getting infected.
By the time we got back to Sam's it was after 4:00pm and Joli had had an exhausting day and no nap. It didn't take long for her to remedy that.
The next few days I'll have to reapply the cream once a day and try to keep her feet dry. I'm just thankful that she can still walk!

1 comment:

kacie said...

Poor Baby. She is so cute... She looks like she is getting so much bigger from the last time I saw her... Have fun at the Faerie Festival!!!