Saturday, July 11, 2009

No More Ball Pit

For Joli's 1st birthday we decided to buy her a ball pit/slide combination. It came with about a million pieces that Joli loved.
The boys worked for hours on the "easy peezy" play set.
Joli was very helpful.
Eventually it was all put together and in Joli's room. Here she is on her first slide.
The ball pit didn't have a lot of balls but my mom brought 450 more the next week. Joli didn't mind though.
It moved locations in her room a few times, but she loved it!
Once we moved into the new house Joli was old enough to dive into the ball pit! She thought this was awesome!
This is where we put the ball pit when we moved into the house over a year ago.
After about an hour of packing up balls, Joe taking the door off the hinges to get the thing out of the room, and finally cleaning up and rearranging, this is what that corner looks like now.
I realized last night that it was time when I noticed that Joli was no longer using it for it's purpose, only to hide things in the balls. So my baby girl is now a little girl.
I've had several moments when I thought that my baby is no longer a baby. When I stopped nursing I thought that was it, then we started potty-training. Now the ball pit has been moved out. Next we will tackle the binkies. I suppose there's always something that will make her my little baby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont throw it away!!!!

kacie said...

I can't believe she is so big! I remember when they put that together!

Miss Elena said...

I remember too!
She's growing up fast