Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pins and Water

This morning Joli and Brody were a little restless and since no one else was up I took them outside to play. Joli found a squirt gun somewhere in the grass.
Brody thought he should have the squirt gun but knew he'd get in trouble for taking it.
Since we were in the front yard Brody had to stay inside the puppypen. He just couldn't understand why Joli got to run around in the yard and he couldn't. If he hadn't already run out into the street once I might have considered it!
Once Papa came out Joli immediately talked him into pushing her on the swing.
After everyone was up and ready we headed over to the bowling alley. It was Joli's first time bowling and she was very excited, even though she had no idea what it was. She thought it was pretty cool that she got to wear special shoes though.
Here is Joli's first time pushing her ball down the lane. She actually came in second in the game, beating both Joe and I, and William and Victoria! I think we should all get to use the ramp!
Here's goes Joe with his expert bowling.
This was Williams bowling.
Here is Laume who beat us all!
Victoria was rather sad that she didn't do very but I think she had a good time anyway.
After bowling we headed back to the house to have some lunch and then off to the river to swim.
Joli was still a little nervous about going back in a river after her mountain bath and convinced Papa that he should hold her.
Brody had no problem being in the water, he just couldn't figure out how to get over the damn.
Swimming makes little puppies tired. Brody kept having to take breaks inbetween swims.
There was a little section surrounded by rocks that was quite warm, where Victoria and Joli played for quite some time. I tried to sit with them for awhile but Brody couldn't stand to be over on the shore and kept coming over to sit in my lap!
So we went and sat in the grass and watched Victoria and Joli play in the water.
Brody was very comfortable and could not understand why I got up.
Once Joli was completely soaked she agreed that it would be fun to swim in the deep water.
I'm so amazed at how well Joli is doing swimming with her lifejacket on. She used to just flip over on her back and scream but now she can actually kick her feet and swim around.
Before too long other people showed up to swim and Brody was forced to sit with me. I don't think he minded cuddling with me.
When we went to Wal Mart earlier in the day we finally found a little stroller for Joli's dolls. I'd been looking for one for a few weeks since Joli's been so into dolls lately. The hippo kind of took over though.
Towards the end of the day Joli and Brody were restless again so I took them out in the backyard where they could run around together. Joli brought her babies to push around of course. As they were walking back and forth two deer came into the alley. The four of them sat and stared at each other for several minutes taking each other in.
Once the deer walked away Joli moved on, but Brody decided to wait and see if they came back.
Joli continued to push her babies around in the back yard for awhile until I heard her say "Oh no!". She picked up her babies and brought them over to me saying "Here hold me babies. They peed in the stroller and I have to clean it up!". A little while later I used the phrase "suck it up, and be a grown up" while Joli was listening. She stuck her thumb in her mouth, pulled it out and said "I sucked it up. Now I'm a grown up. Can I have coffee now?". Such a silly child!

1 comment:

kacie said...

Nice pictures! I am not looking forward to the fairy festival when you won't be able to blog! Joli is so cute... and so is Brody! Miss you guys!