Monday, July 20, 2009

Enoying the Lake

After waking up and having a nice breakfast we headed down to the lake, not realizing how cold the lake really was. Even Brody was thinking there was no way he was swimming in it.
Joe tried to talk Joli into it but she also thought it was a horrible idea!
I walked in a little way but still could not convince anyone that it was nice to get in.
Joe was taking pictures of me from the car and I decided this was my paparazzi picture.
Eventually I gave up trying to get family in the water and sat on a towel with both my children surrounding me.
I think Brody was hiding from the lake. Joli also thought staying next to me was a good idea.
Joe was brave and decided to take a swim in the lake. I think he only got all the way in once, but since no one else was brave enough to even get in, I thought it was pretty good.
We happened to find the one dog beach on the whole lake and Brody loved playing with a black lab that was there as well.
The only problem was that the black lab loved swimming in water and Brody just couldn't manage to get past the waves.
Joe got Joli's lifejacket on and carried her out into the water. It didn't last long.
This is what Brody did when Joe was calling him to come in the water. Every time Joe would call him, Brody would lean farther into me.
After awhile we headed up to the shade and had a little snack. Brody was very sad that he didn't get part of our snack too.
I thought these young ducks were very brave swimming along the dog beach, but this was as close as any dogs got to them.
After a walk through the very undog-friendly Tahoe City, we headed back to camp and had a delicious dinner of chicken, green beans, and steamed carrots! It was the best we'd eaten all weekend! Joe burned the rest of the firewood and we had some more smores while enjoying the fire.
It was a fabulous camping trip and we got to see so many wonderful and beautiful things. Now on to the next stage of our trip!

No comments: