Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Day of Play

Today we had a nice amount of family time. We hung out at Starbucks for a little while this morning and Joe and Joli shared a yummy scone.
I know they were eating the scone but all I caught was a mass of giggles.
There's the look.
Joe has one too.
Before we headed home for a nap I really wanted to pop into to this shop I've seen called Heaven Sent Desserts. Oh, it so lived up to its name!
Joe's delicious treat was chocolate cake with a sweet layer of Baileys!
This was called a Chocolate Lux. It was basically a delicious piece of chocolate truffle pyramid.
All Joli wanted was a pink cupcake. Girl knows what she wants!
This picture is just so cool and almost makes my jack-o-latern look creepy, almost.
I thought it was such a cute little pumpkin, until Joli smooshed it.
This was my second draft.
Of course Joe is Superman and not only can protect against monsters but he is a master at Play-Doh!!
I thought I made a great snake!!
Chris and Kacie are getting their night out tonight and so we get to have Charlotte for the evening!! So exciting! The girls and I thought we should play a little while Joe made dinner. Joli explained to Charlotte what the animals were and what sounds they made and then showed her how to play with them in the barn. Charlotte mostly ate the animals and laughed at Joli.
Joli and Charlotte were having a very in-depth converstation.
Sorry Kacie, no organic paint but who can resist the Little People!?!
After dinner we thought we would wear every one out a little and take walk around the block. I could definitely work off a few pounds walking like this!!
Well she finally fits well in the carrier and now she wants to turn around and see every thing!!!
Charlotte is getting so much bigger every day. She just sits up and hangs out with us now. Now we hang out and enjoy this stage until the crawling begins.
Daddy is so silly. It's so fun to stack the stuffed animals.
Joli's room is such a relaxing place.
What a peaceful day.

1 comment:

Sprytewood said...

Sounds like a great day =) Joli is starting to look so grown up!