Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Can't Stand It!!

Well I couldn't handle waiting so I borrowed the I-phone. The other night Chris and Kacie came over for dinner and Kacie brought the salad in this fabulous glass bowl. So while at Ikea today I found a glass bowl (not nearly as beautiful) and couldn't pass it up. My original thought was how beautiful it would look filled with apples, but since we are not going apple-picking for a few weeks I decided to just use something I had.
Potatoes are pretty, right? I also went on a mad cleaning frenzy of the kitchen yesterday morning and as I was cleaning off all the counters I came up with a way to create some more space on the counters. I moved the wine rack and the toaster oven over onto the changing table that I put in the kitchen a while back. We used to use this area for the cats to be fed but Brody has finally gotten tall enough to stick his face up there and get into the cat food. This is a much better use of space!
I also finally finished the curtains for the window above the sink. These curtains started out as long curtains that I have created many uses for!
Yesterday I was so excited to sign Joli up for her first gymnastics class and after I told her about it she was very excited too. The only problem was that she just couldn't understand that the class doesn't start for two weeks. Last week my friend said that she started making calenders for her daughter and drawing little pictures so she could get an idea of what was going to happen that day and how long until something else was going to happen. The only thing not factored in was my inability to draw!!
What do you think the pictures mean? Today we went to Ikea in search of things for Joli's room. I have a pretty specific idea of things I want to do, but I am having trouble finding things that are not too pink or princessy. Unfortunately I didn't get the giant pink paper lantern in the picture, that Miss Joli picked out herself. You can, however, see how her room is starting to come together.
This was a cute little doll bed they had at Ikea. It comes in wood and I told Joli I would paint it for her. She loves putting her dolls to sleep. She brought me the little bed set earlier and told me I needed to wash it because the babies peed on it!
Brody also got a present today! Ever since we got our new bed frame he's felt seriously neglected having to sleep on the floor, so when I found this awesome dog bed at Costco for only $18, I just had to get it!
Well tomorrow's swim lessons. Too bad I don't have my new camera...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the kitchen rearrangements.....you clever girl you!

And the potato display looks awesome in your new glass bowl!!!!!

Professional even!!

Pam