Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Family Dinner

Chris and Kacie joined us for dinner once again and brought along beautiful Charlotte, who did a wonderful job on her teething biscuit!
While going through Joli's closet, Joe found his memory box and decided he just had to check out what was inside.
After a delicious meal, Kacie and I started playing with my new camera. I love how it picks up so much detail. Well maybe not all the freckles!
Then I played with getting some family shots since Chris, Kacie and Charlotte all happened to be sitting together. Charlotte is doing her absolute best to try and convince Joe that he really does love babies, he just doesn't know it yet.
What a silly little girl!
This picture was awesome. Taken right after and enormous amount of spit-up flowed into Chris' lap! I was very amused!
Joli could not see what all the fuss was about. As much as she loves Baby Charlotte, all the picture taking seemed a little excessive to her.
Last week I got the idea to put a little canopy/reading area in Joli's room. I remembered they used to have some at Ikea so I started out there, then when I didn't find one I liked I started looking online, but none where a price I was willing to spend, especially after shipping. So today, while walking through Wal-Mart, I noticed some beautiful tulle and silk fabrics and very decent price. I bought everything I needed to make Joli a canopy for $26!! When I got home I found a hanging planter that I had in storage and decided to used it as a base. It took an hour or two, a lot of hot glue, about six burnt fingers, and quite a bit of maneuvering, and I pulled it off.
There's a purple silk on the bottom with a yellow silk outside that. Then there's a layer of hot pink tulle, purple tulle, light pink tulle, and finally light green tulle. Then I used some green ribbon to finish off the top.
Now Joli has a cozy little reading area. Fingers crossed the cats don't pull it down and end up thrown out a window!
This is how it looks from the inside. You can just see the planter. It ended up working perfectly!!
This is the view from the inside looking out. Joli's room looks so pretty.
She was asleep when I got it all finished, but I can't wait until tomorrow morning!!

No comments: