Wednesday, March 25, 2009

As a Family

Today was our first full day as a family again! It started much earlier than I am used to. Joe woke up and 7:30am and tried to sneak out of bed, he got to the bottom of the bed when Joli popped up and said "Where you going daddy?", of course that woke me up and that was the end of sleep. So we spent the morning trying to figure out what people do before noon. Joli had a few ideas.

Idea # 1: Big Purple Ball
Idea #2: Read Books with Daddy
Idea #3: Jump on Daddy on my bed
At some point Joe was able to get away from Joli for about .25 seconds to come hug me. Here I am sitting behind Joe so he can play ball with Joli while cuddling with me.
Eventually it got close enough to swim lessons that we decided to just go to the store first, which only took about 20 minutes and still left us an hour. So I took Joe over to Chris and Kacie's to see Charlotte! Joe and Joli played in the backyard while I held the baby girl and looked at pictures with Kacie! Chris got home and talked with us for a little bit and then it was finally time to go swimming. Joli was so excited! She got a little anxious when Joe went into the locker room to change, but then he came out and got her and off they went! Here are the benefits to having Daddy swim.
Of course when Joe tells her to kick her feet she's suddenly super swimmer!
The biggest goofballs ever!
I think Joli laughed hysterically about 95% of the time.
Only Daddy's can get away with moves like these!
Eskimo kisses!
I tried to tell him he needed to stand pretty far back, but she still caught him in the face.
Once everyone was clean and dry we headed for the beloved Souplantation! Joli was exhausted by this point, but who doesn't love good food!?!?
One benefit to having such a tired child was that she was very calm. She just ate quietly and barely spoke, that is until Chris and Kacie got there and then she was all excited to have everyone there!
We still had a few more errands to run but Joli just couldn't make it. It's very exhausting having your daddy home. She has to be the happiest little ever though!
We are so thrilled to have Joe home, even though we're all wiped out!

1 comment:

Laume said...

I can't believe I'm saying this, what with all the adorable Joli pics, but my fave pic is the one of you and Joe. You both look so happy!

I wonder how long it will take before Joli let's Joe out of her sight? Such cute pictures.

Your day sounds exhausting even to me, and I'm not two years old!