Saturday, March 28, 2009

One Big Family

Today was another wonderfully relaxing day. We started out with a nice game of t-ball. Joli was so excited to have talked someone else into playing with her.
Part of the way Joli likes to play is to hit the ball and then say "go get it". Joe thought it should go the other way though.
I've spent hours trying to teach Joli how to hit the ball right, but of course she'll listen to Joe!
After awhile we moved on to basketball and then eventually we headed in the house. Joli started out by putting her babies to bed in the baby seat and then after I went into the kitchen she decided she wanted to rest too.
Now that the guys have been home for a few days it was time to celebrate. So we all met on the beach for a BBQ. Joli was thrilled, she LOVES sand!!
It was so exciting to see everyone. I'm always amazed at how much I miss all the guys when they are gone. It truely is like one big family and it was nice to have that family together again! Of course what family is complete without a beautiful baby girl to pass around!? I kept reminding myself that there were a lot of people there that don't get to see Charlotte on a regular basis, but I wasn't about to pass up the opportunity when Kacie offered! It was also exciting because it was Charlotte's first trip to the beach!
Joli was so excited to have so many people around to give her attention! A bunch of the girls were there to love on her and play with her and of course all her "uncles" were there to spoil her! Chris and Nikki kept her quite entertained!Then of course there's her daddy who loves her to pieces and will do just about anything if she asks in the right voice.
After a couple of hours it was time to wash off as we were meeting some of the guys that weren't at the beach for dinner. Unfortunately the showers are not heated, and since Joli chose to do a few face dives down the hill she had to be washed. I especially love how there is a perfect layer of sand covering her little bottom.
I had hoped that Joe would get in with her to comfort her, but he informed me that he hadn't had that many beers!
Joli was a very sad sight to see and Joe and I both felt bad that she had to endure such cold water. She gaves a nice little lip to rub it in.
Joe had such a hard time putting her back in when she said "Please no daddy!", talk about breaking daddy's heart!
I had a nice warm towel waiting for Joli once she was done and it wasn't too long before she was warmed up and being bossy once again. Joe and I got changed into some nice clothing and headed out to a wonderful dinner with some more great friends. Joli was so excited to see Little Bear, everytime she would see pictures of them while they were gone she would say "that's daddy and that's my little bear". She gave him a big hug when she saw him and got a huge grin on her face when I asked her if she wanted to sit by him at dinner. He was so sweet and talked to her and played with her throughout dinner, and then pretty much stole her little heart when he gave her his ice cream! As we were leaving Little Bear was holding Joli and she said "Little Bear, you want to come to my house?". I have a feeling we're going to be hearing a lot more about Little Bear this week!

No comments: