Tuesday, March 24, 2009

He's Home!!!!

We got to pick up Joe this evening!!!! Joli and I got all dressed up!!
I couldn't get Joli to take pictures of me so here's me and Joli!
Joli insisted on running through the airport. Screaming the whole way "Come on mommy, come on! Hurry!!".
I tried to get her to read some books but all she did was stare out the window and say "Is that Daddy's airplane?".
Finally we saw the plane, waited three minutes for it to come up to the terminal, waited two more minutes for people to start coming off the plane. Then Joli started her Daddy dance. She danced back and forth looking and looking and of course Joe was at the back of the plane. I was literally holding the back of Joli's dress so she didn't run down the ramp to look for Joe. Finally he came out and Joli screamed and ran for him!
While in Germany, Joe bought Joli a teddy bear and she held on to it (and Joe) all the way home.
Joli wanted Daddy to hold her the whole time, even with all his HUGE bags!!
We finally made it home and had some wonderful family time. Kota went completely nuts and ran around the yard like a mad dog!!! Joe played with him as much as he could while holding Joli. It's so exciting to have him here and hug him and kiss him!!

10 comments:

Laume said...

Joe - you look good honey, as much as I can see of you. Looking forward to giving you my own hug soon.

Joli's outfit (and of course Joli herself) is adorable! I bet you got a lot of "ahhhhhhs" from everyone at the airport.

Thanks for putting up a post so quickly - I really loved it.

Kristen said...

HOOOOOORAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

-kristen (laume's friend - we met once in Reno and had lunch at the no longer there On The Border)

Danielle said...

Oh Lisa, Joe and Joli, I am so happy for you all. Lisa you can see the excitement in your face in the photo of you and Joli! Joli looked beautiful for her daddy and I am sure you did as well. I hope you all enjoy some family time before you have to share Joe with the world! And some naughty time for the two of you as well!!! ;)

Margi said...

Hi Lisa, Joe, and Joli! So glad Joe is home safe and sound. I love it when Laume emails the Mavs with updates on all of you. I am shocked at how "not a baby" Joli is any longer....she is a gorgeous little one. Enjoy each other and your time together.
Margi

Sarah Ann Smith said...

Welcome home! The Mavs are all so glad you are here, safe and sound! Cheers, Sarah in Camden, ME

Leslie said...

Oh I am so happy for all of you. I bet everyone in the airport was laughing at Joli's antic. So glad you are home safe.

Anonymous said...

I am doing my own "joli celebration dance" and finally breathing a relaxed breath.
Hugs to all 3 of you.
From Nina(one of the Canadian mavericks/friend of Laume)

casey, nicki & ryan said...

cute pics! i'm so happy for you guys :)

Jaye said...

So happy for all of you! What a great post.
Jaye (Laume's friend from the Mavs)

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Hooray! So glad to see all the joy and happiness. (another Mav friend)