Monday, March 16, 2009

Each Passing Day...

Today was exhausting. We woke up many hours before we usually do to go help out a friend by watching her son so she could make it to an appointment. We had a good time and it reminded my a lot of my days as a teacher. I was happy to do it, but also very tired. Once we got home Joli and I ate lunch and then we both got some rest...
I thought it was going to be a pretty good nap since we had been up so early, but an hour into my nap I woke up to Joli sticking her finger up my nose!!!! I think it's at the top of my list for least favorite ways of being woken up. Now we're in the waiting phase. We're not really sure when Joe's going to be home. We know it should be soon, but it changes daily. It feels much like slowely losing your mind. In an attempt to maintain sanity, Joli and I are trying to focus on getting the house in order before Joe gets here. Joli has been helping in her own little way.
During the day she's done an excellent job of keeping herself occupied. When it's not so cold she just loves playing out on the porch.
Another of her current favorite activities is "making lunch". Yesterday she had a nice lunch with her baby. Today she brought two plates to me while I was talking to Joe. She asked Joe if he wanted a hamburger or pizza. He told her he liked hamburgers better and asked if she had and fries. A few minutes later she runs out of her room with not only fries, but a bottle of ketchup! She can't wait to play kitchen with daddy!
Today Joli was determined to make a beautiful picture and I caught her out on the porch like this.
Once we were both done with our nap we headed over to Chris and Kacie's for a birthday dinner for Chris. His actual birthday is tomorrow but Kacie's mom is leaving in the morning and wanted to make him a birthday dinner, so we had a lovely meal and I got a whole bunch of snuggle time with my favorite newborn! Kacie was curious whether or not the cloth diapers would fit Charlotte, and we were both shocked when they actually fit her just fine!
Kacie doesn't want to admit it but this little girl has grown so much since last week. Her legs are already growing out of her jammies! This picture is making me nuts because I've uploaded it twice and it's still sideways, but here is the little angel with her eyes wide open. Most of the evening she was awake and looking around. I was so excited to talk to her and have her look at me! Last week she wasn't really looking at my face and now she just seems to study it! She going to be one smart cookie!
If it's possible to be born a daddy's girl then this girl was! She loves being on her daddy's chest! I'm fairly certain that if she's not on the boob she's laying on her daddy. Such a beautiful thing to see that bond. I can't wait to see it with Joe and Joli again!
In an effort to not make the same mistake twice, we put on a movie for Joli shortly after getting there. Last time we forgot and the child was literally jumping off of anything that would hold still. Tonight she played outside with Chris and then came inside and colored and watched "T-bell". It was nice to have such a calm environment. I think we should nap everyday!
Now to try to sleep and then wait...

2 comments:

Laume said...

I love the photo of Joli with her hands in her pockets. What a little person she's becoming.

casey, nicki & ryan said...

Aw! I just read this and wanted to thank you for getting up so early and watching ry :)