Friday, March 6, 2009

Baby Charlotte is Here!!!

Kacie's water broke Wednesday night and after 24 hours and trying to get her contractions going, she and Chris ended up going to the hospital. Joli and I spent some time with their dog, Baylie, today. Joli got to ride her "Uncle Sam bike" in their backyard.
I spent quite a bit of time throwing the ball for Baylie who would bark at me everytime I didn't throw the ball. Little stinker.
Then finally, after a long hard road, Kacie had a c-section and she and Chris welcomed Charlotte Alexandra into the world. She was 6lbs. 9oz. and 19in. long!

After many hours of trying to find someone to hang out with Joli so I could be there for Kacie, Robyn saved the day and invited Joli to come play at her house! I got to spend a couple hours talking with Chris and Kacie, and eventually baby Charlotte! Mom and baby are both doing beautifully!
Charlotte is so pretty! She doesn't have any of those scary-alien newborn features! She's so adorable!
Here is the proudest Daddy of the day! He already knows he's in a world of trouble!
After Kacie nursed a bit, I finally got to hold Charlotte and she is so light!! I mean Joli is by no means a chunky child, but she's still 25lbs.! It's so exciting to have a new beautiful little girl to kiss on, and to dress in adorable little clothes!!
Welcome Little Charlotte!! We love you already!

1 comment:

kacie said...

Can't wait for Joli to teach Charlotte all her bad tricks... because you know she will! They are going to be quite the pair!