Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day Two For Charlotte!


I spent the first part of my day gathering items that Chris and Kacie might need at the hospital. Then Joli and I went to Target to get a few things for me and without thinking, found ourselves in the baby section. There were all these cute little things that I am postive Charlotte HAD to have. So afterward we went home for Joli to take a nap and so I could wash the things that I bought and then our wonderful neighbor Donna came over so I could go back to the hospital!

Kacie was doing great today! She got her bandage off and she was able to go for a walk and take a shower!! For anyone that's ever been sick or in the hospital, you know that a shower makes all the difference! She was also able to eat anything she wanted today and even put on her own clothes. She still has to stay a few more days, but if I were a doctor I would say give her some pain pills and send her home cause she's doing so good!

Here are the proud and slightly sleep deprived parents!
I was so happy to be able to spend some time with the new baby girl. I happened to be there while Kacie was taking her walk and her shower and since Chris was helping her that gave me ample time to snuggle! Charlotte just loved laying on my chest, and I have to say I miss having a small child that holds still!

I spent a good amount of time taking pictures of the new beauty queen. Here is a nice shot of her face without it being completely squished against my arm.

Here's another one where you can see just how beautiful she is.

I love this picture. Look at the size of my hand against her little bottom. It fits right in the palm of my hand! So sweet!!

Of course I couldn't stay at the hospital forever. After a couple hours I went back to my tiny baby, who went straight to jumping on my bed after Donna left! Donna said that she and Joli had a wonderful time. Joli made her tea which they drank with some grapes. Then they played in Joli's room and Joli started calling Donna grandma!! Then they had some hot chocolate right before I got there and Donna just loved it when Joli put her chin in her hand and said "So, how are you doing?"

We then gathered our dinner items and headed over to Chris and Kacie's to give their dog a little company. Joli made herself right at home watching Dumbo! When the stork started bring the babies she put her hand over her mouth and said "Oh my gosh! So cute!!".
Baylie is a little confused but still loves me. I think she misses her mommy and daddy though.

Kota doesn't care either way. He's not quite sure why I've been out so late the past few nights, but he's been getting fed, so I guess that's all that matters.


Well I know I had a lovely day with such a sweet thing in our lives now!

No comments: