Monday, March 23, 2009

A Beautiful Distraction!

I am absolutely thrilled that I am so close to having my husband home, however it's making it hard to stop smiling, much less hold still! So in an effort to not spontaneously combust, I invited Chris and Kacie to come over for dinner. Per their routine, Charlotte slept in the sling throughout dinner. After awhile her little arm popped out and wrapped around Chris' chest. It was so sweet!
While us adults sat at the table enjoying our conversation, we heard a loud scream and then the long silence building up to a scream. I went into Joli's room to see her face down on the floor below her slide where she had fallen and pushed her bottom teeth into her top lip. I cleaned her up, put some ice on it, and am now impressed that it's not the fattest lip ever!

So once we were done eating Chris went in and made Joli's day by playing kitchen with her, while Kacie and I played with Charlotte in the living room. Baby girl is a little gassy, which makes her very wiggly and slightly fussy, but it only makes me want to kiss on her more! Once she got her diaper changed and ate a little, she was bright-eyed and curious. Joli decided it was a great time to talk with her.

Joli says "Hi, how are you?"

Charlotte's thinking "Mom, what's going on?"
Joli says "Hi my name's Joli, nice to meet you!"

Charlotte's thinking "Oh hey, there you are!"
Charlotte looks at me "Hey you, with the camera, knock it off!"
Such a sweet baby and a gorgeous distraction. I told Charlotte I don't think I can stand not seeing her for too long and I'm going to have to make Joe come with me over to see her!

1 comment:

Laume said...

Poor Joli! I hope her lip isn't swollen up by tomorrow!