Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Busy Day

Joli and I started out our day with one last trip over to Chris and Kacie's to let the dog out. Joli and Baylie had a great time. Baylie ran after her ball, over and over. Joli messed with anything and everything within her reach. I sat in the sun and pretended I was at the beach.
Baylie was so happy I found her a new ball to chase! She's gotten better about letting Joli throw it, but if I'm out there it's just not the same.
Joli really enjoys throwing the ball though, and we're both amused when she throws it and Baylie catches it!
Once we came home I decided I wanted to get a run in and that I would jog to Henry's since we needed some groceries too. As I was changing into some running clothes I debated between my longer knee length shorts or my shorter actual jogging shorts that showed off some thigh. I decided to go for the shorter ones since I'm also trying to get a little more tan before Joe gets home and it would be nice if my tan line didn't stop at my knee. So then I loaded up the stroller, drove down the hill so Kota couldn't see us, and then jogged to Henry's. Joli was happy to show off her sunglasses again.
Most of the jog there was uphill and ended up being more of a run/walk. As we were leaving Henry's I was thinking that I could probably run the rest of the way back, and just as I was completing this thought I heard a honking noise and looked over to some guy in a white truck hanging out his window and looking at me. But then right as my brain was thinking "what an idiot", I heard the very loud noise of the hood of a truck being folded into the back of another truck. I couldn't believe it!! Not only did I get honked at, but I was so distracting that the guy hit someone!!! I thought about hanging around to talk to someone about what I saw but what was I going to say "Hi officer, the guy was checking me out and hit someone"? No, I just hauled my apparently too short shorts across the street and back home!!
I spent the rest of the day mowing the lawn and finishing a few projects that I had. I made Joli and I a wonderful dinner and then we watched Grease. She's been so into Mamma Mia I thought I would try out some other musicals. She didn't really pay too much attention except when I started singing, then she danced and said "Come dance with me on the floor", her way of saying she didn't want me to hold her, she wanted to dance too. As I was taking pictures of some of the stuff I had done Joli said "Take piture a me too".
Now off to get some sleep!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Wow, sounds like you had a fun and eventful day. You should feel really great that you are that distracting! lol.