Friday, April 17, 2009

A Camera and a Child

Joe and I are completely amazed at how much we can entertain ourselves simply by taking Joli somewhere and taking pictures of her. We got up entirely too early to have breafast this morning, but we were told there would be characters there (there were NOT!). One the way we checked out the koi.
We stopped to talk to some characters, and to tell Mickey about our morning.
The breakfast was aweful so we ate and headed back to the room to pack up. Joli found a new playarea.
There was a waterfall directly below our building and Joli had a great time looking at it. Last I happened to drop my camera battery into the waterfall. Much to my surprise it was sitting right on top of the waterfall when I looked in. So I took off my sandals and my sweatshirt, then climbed over the gaurdrail. As I was standing on the top of the waterfall there were other hotel guests walking by with looks of concern, most likely trying to decide if I was going to jump. But I got my battery back, dried it off, and popped it into the camera.
Once we were packed we checked out and took our stuff back to the truck. Joli gave her best rockstar moves in the bed.
Since we didn't buy tickets for Disney, we decided to check out the shops. This ones was especially entertaining.
This was a little creepy.
A monkey in her natural element.
This snake had a motor and actually moved back and forth as though it was going to eat people. Joli did NOT like it.
She did like the baby monkey though. She said it was "her friend".
Next we went to the lego store. Here is the model.
Joli loved this store. I think we're going to be buying her some duplos.
This giraffe was enormous!!!
After the Lego store we went to Build-A-Bear just to look around. Joli was convinced this little car was for her not the bears.
Next was Illuminations. We told Joli she was a candle.
Of course we had to make our traditional Anne Geddes stop. I love these little babies and so does Joli!
Last stop was the Disney store. Always a big hit! Where's Joli...
She's not a princess. She HATES the princess hats! Joe distracted her with a shiny bracelet.
1 part camera, 1 part Joli, and 1 part gift shops = afternoon of fun!

2 comments:

Laume said...

My fave is the pic of Joli on the giant Lego. I didn't know she didn't have any duplos. I think I kept ours, put them in the garage for... someday? Grandkids? If you want them you can have them for her. I'll have to see if I can find them. I THINK I still have them.

Miss Elena said...

I think i'd be scared of that snake too. My snake backpack is different- it's soft and cuddly.