Saturday, April 18, 2009

More Family and Joli's Vocabulary

While we were at Disneyland we took Kota up to my families house so he could get fed and taken care of. While we were there I mentioned to Joe how cute and little their dog is!
Next time we talk about getting a dog, there will be a much more indepth conversation about size. Joli thinks this is a good size too!
In the past two days Joli has just blown Joe and I away with the way her mind works. Last night she got a plastic egg from Auntie B and proceeded to have a "Birthday Party". She sang Happy Birthday to Brianna and then had her blow out the candles.
Then she went for a pony ride.
I think Brianna was trying to get Joli off her back and Joli wasn't really wanting to. It turned out very strange.
We stayed and had dinner as the traffic would have put us home at the same time if we had left earlier. Joli sat with her Auntie E for dinner.
Joli loves her Aunties!
On the way home Joli was completely unthrilled about being in the car again! I figured out that if we added up all the time we spent driving in the past couple days we could have been at my in-laws instead of a few hours away!
Since Joli has been so funny with some of the things she has said the past couple days, I decided to write some of it down. When I picked her up from day care Joli's teachers told me that she has an amazing vocabulary and that she talked so much that when Chip and Dale came in they couldn't get her to stop so they could leave!
Joe and I were discussing last night that if you explain why something can't happen, most of the time Joli will just except it. Unfortunately we never got to see Mickey so right before we left I quickly said that Mickey had to clean out the garage for Minnie and that's why he couldn't come to lunch. Joli thought for a second and then said "Oh, okay". We did get to see the giant Mickey statue a bunch of times and one of the times we walked by Joli had her stuffed Mickey, she then said "That's the biggest Mickey Mouse I've ever seen! Hey! Big Mickey! Here's you baby!". I thought I would die laughing!
On the way home Joe and decided that it was a good time to talk with Joli about how Joe was going to have to leave again today.
I said: "Daddy has to go on an airplane to school tomorrow."
Joli: "I want to go to school."
Joe: "When you get bigger."
She then sat in her seat for about thirty seconds and waited then said: "Okay I'm bigger now!"
Me: "Not big enough."
Joli: "I am bigger. I'm GIANT Joli!"
Joe and I were overwhelmed with giggles! Joli is such a smarty-pants, we enjoy listening to her everyday!

1 comment:

Laume said...

I suspect the "I want to go to school." comment translated really means "I want to go with Daddy."