Friday, April 3, 2009

Future Firefighter of America

Today we had a busy day. We met Chris and Kacie for lunch at Red Robin, and then headed up to the outlet mall. By the time we got home it was way past naptime but Joli was so exhausted that she asked to go to sleep. When she finally woke up it was after 7:00pm and Joe and I had already eaten dinner. So Joli had a fabulous dinner of soy beans, green beans, cherry tomatoes, and cubes of cheese. She thought it was the best dinner ever and ate it all.
Then she cuddled on the couch with Joe and watched some tv as she was still somewhat waking up.
Once she got past whining, she went into her room to put on the firefighter costume that I bought her today. We already had the hat but I've had the hardest time finding her a jacket and boots. I think they were actually meant for a little boy to wear them, but since they were onsale I thought they worked great for dress-up too!
She was very into wearing it and was all for it when Joe told her that tomorrow she could wear it and use the hose (I'm not going to be involved in this activity).
Joe told her that if she wants to fight fires someday then he was all for it and she could do anything she wanted to. Joli asked him if he would be a fireman too. I think the jury's still out on that one.
I thought the whole outfit was very cute especially with the diaper sticking out the bottom!
After she was done being a firefighter Joli went and got her doctor's kit. She came out and said "Daddy, you need a doctor?". Of course he said yes and Joli proceeded to take out her stethascope. She put it on her ears and then put in on Joe's chest and then said "Bump bump, bump bump. Good". Then she got out a shot and shot it into Joe's forearm. I'm curious where she went to medical school and learned all these things. She also checked Joe's ears, but I think she's given up on taking blood pressure, it's too complicated.
A little later Joli was sitting on the couch with her three orange stuffed animals that she calls her "pumpkin babies", and we were barely listening to what she was saying to them. Then we hear her say to the smallest baby "Here, your daddy hold you. No wait, he's too busy, sorry.", I think she just about ripped Joe's heart out with that one.
The rest of evening Joli continued to say things that just about had us in hysterics. Joe changed her diaper and told her that she was stinky and she said "Yeah, I know I am.", so then we start laughing and she says "I'm crazy". If she had been laughing while she made this statement then it would have just been cute but when she said it, it was with a completely straight face as though this were simply a statement of fact.
She continues to amaze as we can almost see her mind expanding on a daily basis. I hope she always attains such a zest for learning!

No comments: