Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm Tired

Joli apparently is too. She keeps coming in my room when I'm not yet asleep and then getting irritated that I have the t.v. and/or light on. She won't listen to my solution of "STAY IN YOUR OWN BED!", but oh well.
Today I had to take my car in to get some work done and instead of trying to entertain Joli for and hour and a half in the "customer lounge", I decided to walk to a near-by shopping center and get some exercise. I found a couple small pieces for Joli's faerie outfits, but not everything I was looking for. Then we just walked around until we came across a home store that was going out of business. They had the awesomest rug that I wanted for mine and Joe's bedroom so bad!!!
Would have been perfect... oh well. About a month or so ago I got out my of my baby dolls to give to Joli. When I gave it to her I told her that this was a special doll to me and that she could play with her as long as she was nice and did not take the clothes off her. Joli loves "baby bumblebee" and has decided that she must go with us wherever we go. I guess I'm okay with that.
I have a rule that baby bumblebee cannot go into any stores with us because "we don't want her to get lost", but I make an exception for the post office where I would just about give Joli a pound of candy if she would stand next to me and not tear things off the shelf.
After Joli got a nap and I got a shower, we headed over to Coronado to get some much needed dog food, and then walk down to the park to release some energy. It was only about a half mile walk, but after the two miles I walked earlier in the day, and then the fact that Joli wanted me to carry her half-way, I was a little tired.
Joli loves the swings and I do not blame her one bit, they are awesome! I wish some one would push me on a swing!
After we were done at the park we walked down to the bar and grill that Nikki works at to get something to eat and visit with her a little. Robyn and Little Bear met us there and it was nice to have conversations that didn't include screaming or the word "mommy". As long as the place is still serving food then Joli is allowed to be in there, but I don't think I've ever seen any other kid in there besides her. Everyone is so entertained by her that no one ever seems to mind though. I ordered a couple bottle root beers and a couple people had to do a double take when she started doing this...
I think she just thought it was cool to drink out of a bottle, and who could blame her! Cans are so boring! Well off to get some sleep!

No comments: