Friday, May 1, 2009

Earth

Today Joli and I jumped out of bed, got dressed, and took our breakfast to the movies. We've been wanting to see the new Disneynature movie Earth, and I made the decision last night that we were finally going to make the time. Joli LOVED it! She talked through the ENTIRE movie!!! We were very lucky there was only one other family there and they didn't really seem to mind. Here is one brief second of silence.
The movie is mostly about the changing of the seasons and how it effects our planet and the animals in it. It follows a polar bear family, an elephant family, and a humpback whale family over a period of a year. Throughout the story it also talks about the different climates on out planet and how they change with the seasons and global warming. It was a very interesting story with fantastic shots of some of the most beautiful places on our planet.
Joli was so entertaining throughout the movie. It was a constant stream of dialog from her. She would say "Look mommy, there's a daddy polar bear and a mommy polar bear and the baby polar bears. Look they're running on the snow and playing with their mama. And there's the water and oh, it's falling, the water is falling, wow, look at that mommy. Oh and look at the elephants, they are walking and walking, they need water. Oh, oh look, there a ducky, he's trying to fly, he jumped, oh and he fell, oh there's another one, he said that's falling with style.......". Most of my side of the conversation consisted of "We need to use our whisper voices, there are other people here that want to hear the movie, whisper voice, that voice is too loud". My favorite part of talking to Joli about the movie was the part with the great white shark. It jumped out of the water to catch a seal and Joli shouted "THAT'S THE BIGGEST SHARK I'VE EVER SEEN AND HE ATE A SEAL!!!!!". I thought I was going to fall out of my seat from laughing! We had a great time. I can't wait until Joe get's back and we get to go see UP!

2 comments:

kacie said...

She is so funny! We miss you guys!

Laume said...

I must be psychic. Because I found some shark flip flops and knew I just HAD to get them for Joli.