Sunday, May 3, 2009

"I Had Green Cake"

This morning Joli and I woke up and readied ourselves for one her friend's 3rd birthday. I went back and forth all night about whether or not we should forget going so we could focus on potty-training, go but have her wear a diaper to avoid any accidents, or brave it and go with her wearing underwear. In the end I packed three changes of clothes and some plastic bags in my purse, and Joli got in the car with underwear under her jeans.

She did pretty well. She had one accident that was only number two. I think she is just so busy she doesn't want to sit long enough to do that because she had three more of he same accidents throughout the day. I have a hard time seeing that point of view as that is the only time of day that I get to sit for more than ten seconds, but when you're two I suppose it's not much of a draw. I have a plan for tomorrow though, I'm thinking potty chair in front of the tv, that should make her sit for awhile.

She had a wonderful time at the part though. They had the coolest playset and I totally want one! Check out the tire swing.
It was mostly just BBQ food, but we loved it. Joli especially loved the watermelon!
The cupcakes we part of a larger design that was race track. Joli didn't really care, she just liked the sprinkles.
Joli LOVES green cake! Green is her favorite color, so much that she didn't care if it was vanilla or chocolate cake!(We shared both.)
Looks like we both have a love for the top part. It's rather amusing as I used to hate frosting!
The party also included a jumpy and I think my previous posts have demonstrated how much Joli LOVES them!
There was also a pinata. It took awhile for the kids to catch on as it was most of there first times hitting one, but after a few hits they were all excited. It was an interesting way to teach the kids that we constantly tell not to hit that it was okay to hit.
There wasn't candy inside the pinata but lots of little toys, they are gradually disappearing everytime Joli sleeps.
I don't dislike birthday parties. Joli has a great time and we get to see lots of friends, it is lots of fun for both of us. I just wish my child wasn't such a packrat!

2 comments:

~Jess~ said...

Joli is soo cute with a green face! Looks like a fun birthday and great idea on race track cupcakes

Laume said...

GMTA - green is my favorite color too. And who doesn't like jumpies! Wish they had them for grown ups.