Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Artist

We've been doing so much lately that Joli hasn't really had a chance to do too many activities just for her. So today after almost popping a blood vessel in my forehead from yelling (more on that later), I took Joli and Kota to Wal-Mart and we got some kid paint and a Tinkerbell paint pad. Joli was so excited she carried the paint all the to the yard to wait for me to set it up. Joli accidentally got some paint on her arm and was very concerned.
Notice her "dress". It's the adult shirt that we bought as a quick replacement while my in-laws were at our house, but the two times I've tried to wear Joli has insisted that it is her dress and NOT my shirt. So let's just call it a paint shirt.
She painted three different pictures with six different kinds of paint (two for each page). I forgot to take a picture of them all hanging in the sun but they are beautiful.
I don't really remember the singing to the paintbrush part, but there it is.
I mostly laid under the tree and supervised the dog and the child. It was actually very relaxing after all the stress of the past few days. Joli kept taking breaks to lay on the blanket with me.
Since we were hanging out in the front yard we decided to bring Kota out and let him relax with us. The past few days have been very stressful for Kota and most of the adults in the household. The nephew of the elderly neighbor is convinced that Kota is going to jump the fence and attack him or his aunt, even though Kota only barks at him when he approaches the fence. In the past week he has come over and threatened us and then yesterday decided to call the police. Since having a dog in a kennel in a backyard that only barks when someone approaches said backyard is not illegal, there really was nothing the nephew could claim. But he continued to create problems by coming over several times and getting Kota all riled up so we had to bring him in to calm him down. Papa was wonderful and built a higher fence so now the nephew can complain all he wants but Kota is not a threat and is allowed to bark at him when he approaches him. I have to say that if I was a dog I would definitely bark at him and take a bite out of his butt if I could get ahold of him! All that to say it has been a very stressful couples days and I'm looking forward to seeing my husband again and making him take care of his dog!
After all the artwork was done we headed inside to get ready for dinner. Joli insisted that Ginny was sick and she must doctor her. Of course Ginny is the fattest cat in the house and the least likely to run away, so she let Joli doctor her for quite some time.
After wearing one of my favorite outfits several times without the proper shoes, we decided to take a gander at the local shoe store to see what we could find. Joli thought these "princess" shoes were perfect.
Tomorrow we get to go see Joe!!! Cannot wait to be a family again!!!

No comments: