Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Family Circus

I woke up at 3:30 this morning. Finishing loading all of our stuff into Joe's giant truck and then proceeded to try and tie down the crate that Kota was going to ride in. I was supposed to use these crazy ratchet things that Joe has, but after 45 minutes of wrapping myself up in these things I finally used bungee cords. Joli woke up at 3:45 and insisted on helping out in an effort to get to Grammi and Papa's faster. This, of course, only meant that it took twice as long, and we didn't actually end up leaving until 6:00!! Joli was so excited the whole way that there were only a few rare moments when she actually slept.
We didn't end up stopping too many times, but Joli was so happy to be riding in "Daddy's Truck". Too bad she couldn't help drive!
Kota didn't do too bad on the drive. We had a little altercation when I first went to put him in the crate, but after that he was okay with it.
Since Joli has been doing so well with potty-training we brought her potty chair and I was so proud of her. She didn't go in her pants at all throughout the day and held it until we stopped!
Here is one rare moment when Joli and Kota seemed to be getting along.
This reservoir was so pretty and there was so much space I wanted to let Kota run around but it seemed to be a popular spot as other dogs kept coming and going.
Earlier in the day Joli and Kota had a bad moment. Joli accidently got caught in Kota's rope and since he was running the force of it threw her to the ground causing scraps all up one side of her face.
That was the best picture I could get as Joli couldn't manage to hold still. You can see where the bruise is starting to form above her right eye. It's even more pronounced now. Then as we were eating dinner Joli was messing in the curtains and she ducked to get away from me when I told her to get out of them she banged the other side of her face on the table. Poor thing is all bruised up!

No comments: