Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dog Trainer Extraordinaire!

Yesterday I decided that Kota needed some serious attention and that Joe just isn't around enough to do it. So I busted out the dog training book and set to work. Already I've seen major improvements! Part of the training process is incorporate Kota into our lives as much as possible and to also get him used to social situations so he doesn't freak out around other people and/or dogs. So when Jessica and I went out to lunch with the kids and my friend Janealle, and we took Kota! He really enjoyed it and only barked a few times. The only thing that really bugged me was people that don't understand bounderies and just walked up and tried to pet him! He usually growled and they backed away immediately, but serves them right!
We haven't seen Janealle in so long, Joli was so excited!! We both miss her!
After lunch we all headed to the beach and Kota was pretty sure he died and went to heaven! I got some serious exercise running up and down the beach with him!
Kota was so funny, he would run and run towards the ocean and then the water would get too high and he would start running the other way! It was hilarious!
Here's the happiest dog on planet!
Joli pretty much hung out with Janealle the whole time.
I think I might have worn Kota out a little bit!
I picked up Joli and she loved running around with Kota and I.
After awhile we even convinced Joli to get in the water herself!Joli found some cool sea shells.
Joli was so cute walking back to the car with her giant shovel! She thinks it's the best shovel ever!One of the major hazards of beach trips is the enormous amount of sand that children manage to get in their diapers. So once we got back to the house and the kids woke up it was all about the baths!
Tomorrow is a brand new day and we're all going to swim lessons!

No comments: