Friday, June 12, 2009

Adjusting to Another Baby

I had completely forgotten what it is like to have a newborn. Mostly the getting up every two hours part! I was very crabby yesterday evening and finally realized it was because I was getting much less sleep. So Joe agreed that we would take turns taking Brody out at night and then maybe I could sleep a little more.

I've been waiting for weeks for the weather to be nice enough to hang out clothes and finally this week I just started doing it. It hasn't been raining it's just been gloomy!
Joli and Brody enjoy having me hanging clothes, it means they get to play in the backyard a few times a day! Today Joli was watching ants march.
I thought Joli was so cute playing dress-up today. She came out and said "Mommy, I'm a star."
Brody is just like a newborn in the sense that he sleep a LOT. His favorite place is under the dishwasher and apparently it doesn't matter what's going on with the dishwasher.
Yesterday we invited some friends over for a playdate and had a wonderful time! After some of the younger kids left I got out the paint for the two older girls. They were thrilled!
One of the things Joli got from great-grandma Barb was a watering can. She thinks it is wonderful!
Brody likes to help Joli water. He just follows her around and catches any spills.

Joli has never built a fort before so Joe showed her how. She didn't quite get the concept at first but then she and Brody BOTH caught on!
Off to enjoy another day of young ones!

No comments: