Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hiking With Brody

Today I finally got the chocolate lab I've been asking for. Joe just happened to have the money and there was a litter out in Alpine that was available starting last week. So we drove out and picked Brody out of the six male puppies they had. Isn't he cute!!
Joli loves him. He's big enough to play with without hurting him and small enough not to hurt her. She'll get used to the kisses!
She's even learning to give them back.
We had planned on taking a hike up in the mountains today, but since Brody's so little still, it ended up being more of a picnic/walk. Brody just wanted me to hold him!
Joli wanted to be in the backpack so we thought we might get a little bit of a hike.
But Brody didn't like walking through the grass. I think next time we're going to bring the sling!
Once we got home we introduced Brody to our kittens. Zeus was curious as always and got down on the floor to check him out. He still didn't get too close, but he wanted to know what was going on. Juliet stayed on the top of the cat tower and just watched.
I wanted to take Brody out into the yard so he knew where to go to the bathroom. He mostly wanted to play with his new sister!
Joli played for awhile but she wanted some mommy love too.
I have a feeling these two are going to be best friends! He goes everywhere with her already!
Wait for me!!
We get a little closer to a farm everyday, I wonder if we could have chickens...

1 comment:

Laume said...

He's a much lighter brown than I was imagining. Although that could change one way or another as he grows, coloring usually does. He looks soooo soft! And larger already than I thought an eight week old puppy would be. Those young'uns grow fast whether they're two legged or four!