Saturday, June 20, 2009

Staying Active

Summer makes me want to have a more active lifestyle and so far I've made an effort to go out and do something active everyday. Some days it's simply breaking my back working in the yard. Joli and Brody enjoy those times!
A few times a week I try to make to the yoga class at the YMCA. Joli also enjoys this because she gets to play on the playground afterwards.
Joe and I celebrated six years together in March and just now are getting around to making a stepping stone. We've done one every year since our first anniversary and each year we put things in it to signify what has happened that year. This year we have a house key because we bought a house (not an actualy key to our house), Kota's dog tag, and an Operation Iraqi Freedom coin for Joe's deployment.
Today was super fun! We went on a hike this morning with Chris and Kacie and the guys were rock stars and carried the kids.
I got dog duty. He actually did fairly well. Although he kept whining and people walking by to pick him up. He thinks we torture him!
Charlotte didn't think hiking all the way to the top without a snack was a very good idea and she made her demands known.
Brody thought this was an excellent idea!
Eventually Brody decided he's legs were just to small to go all the way up. So I stepped up and put on the sling!
Once we got "close" to the top, we stopped and had lunch. Brody was so excited to lay with me!
Here's the other super dad of the day! "I am mountain man"
Joli was so excited once we got to the bottom that she got to get out and run around.
Joli decided she wanted to run back to the car which meant Brody wanted to run with her and since he was attached to me, I got to run too!
We had such a great time. I can't wait to do it again!!! For more pictures check out Kacie's blog.

3 comments:

kacie said...

I forgot all about putting up the part about after Charlotte was done eating and we met up with Joe and Joli and told her Charlotte had to eat, she replied "Baby Charlotte had to eat... from Chris' boo boos" Sooo funny!

Miss Elena said...

Put up a blog from our house!
I hope you got a picture of all the ice cream because I'm pretty sure we finished every drop

Danielle said...

eI really think you might have the laziest Lab I have ever seen... He is adorbable!