Saturday, June 13, 2009

Getting Out

Today I left the plans up to Joe. I always plan something for us to do and he just goes, but today I wanted him to plan something he would enjoy doing. So he took us up to Mt. Soledad where you can see all of San Diego. It was really beautiful!
Joli just enjoyed any place she could run circles around us!
We went up to the top where the memorial area is and Brody decided it was too many steps, even Joli sat with me for a second!
I leaned back on Joe and was just relaxing with him when Brody decided he would be more comfortable between us. What a baby!
It was such a beautiful view and it was a lot of fun trying to get Joli to tell us where our house is. (Apparently we live in the middle of the ocean!)
After we were done at Mt. Soledad, Joe decided he wanted to take me to see the rose garden as I had never been. Of course we had to walk by the big fountain!
There was a smaller fountain in the rose garden and both the kids enjoyed it.
Here is Joli telling me that the roses will poke her if she gets too close.
I just thought Joli looked so pretty and curly in this picture.
It was lovely just lay around in the grass with our lazy dog.
Then I got attacked by a Joli-monster.
This is the closest she ever came to laying still.
After we went home for some dinner and some rest, we headed back out to Mission Bay for an evening bonfire. Joli was slightly concerned the fire was burning. I tried to explain that it would be a fire if it didn't burn but she wasn't buying it.
We all had such a wonderful day and now both babies are passed out! Joli thought it was awesome doing so much, Brody couldn't figure out why we kept walking! He would walk for a while and then whine at my feet for me to carry him. I kept making him walk, but he really likes to sleep!

No comments: