Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Cowboy and Cowgirl (and Princess) Party

Before Joli's fourth birthday party began, my cousin, Shane and his son, Caden, came to hang out a little early. Of course Joli and Caden fought over every thing.

Then Joli had a tantrum and ended up taking a break with me in the bathroom so we could discuss how to be a gracious hostess.
Markus woke up from his nap the cutest cowboy I have ever seen.
Then my cousin and her little girls arrived, so they all ran upstairs to put on some princess dresses. But then the real cowboys came!
Markus just thought the whole thing was hilarious.
There were sweet sleeping little girls all over!
The art area was a big hit and they all stopped at it at one point or another.
Caden wasn't too sure once the house was full of people and the big kids were running and screaming.
My cousin's littlest was awfully quiet and sweet.
Markus flirted with anyone that would look his way. Grandma Lori just soaked him up!
I think I might have a little heart breaker on my hands.
It's always fun to have some laughs with family! My dad and my grandma sure loved playing with Markus!
Before too long it was time for cake and we had plenty!! There was red velvet.
Carrot.
And the birthday girl decided cheesecake was her favorite.
As usual, Joli picked one little boy that she thought was the cutest and followed him around. (I had to remind her that Eli is her cousin, and much like brothers, we don't kiss or marry them.)
I decided to try on a vest, it was a little tight.
All the cow folk.
After most of our guest had headed home, Joli got around to opening some gifts. She was really excited about her Toy Story sticker book.
And her new awesome Toy Story blanket.
She squealed and hugged onto the Bullseye that grandma Lori found for her!
She wasn't quite sure what the cassette tapes were, but I assured her they played music.
Then she opened the big gift! I'm so glad that she decided she loves it!
After Joli was done, Uncle Doug went and found the Christmas train to set up. Markus was really excited.
Joli just couldn't wait to get it going.
Then it started up and I was sure that Markus' head was going to spin around while he watched it.
Little Jorie was just as interested.
Aunt Peg and Uncle Doug got Joli this cool thing called Moon Dough. It shoots out these little animals to play with and Joli and Caden must have played with it for hours!

I decided to let Markus chew on one of the grilled cheese sandwiches that were left while we had dinner, and I kid you not, he ate the whole thing!!
Finally we took a little picture that I hope to include in Joli's "Thank You" cards.
We finished out the day by reading her new "Fancy Nancy" book cuddled under her new blanket. What a wonderful birthday party!!

No comments: