Monday, December 20, 2010

Presents and Gingerbread

Since I have a small pile of presents for the kids this year, I decided that instead of them being overwhelmed on Christmas with all the other presents they were going to get, I would let them open one a day for the week of Christmas. Joli's been picking and today she picked some cute little shirts that I made for all the kids. She wasn't all that impressed with clothes. Markus on the other hand was pleased with his present opening skills.
He has also learned a thing or two from Charlotte and loves clothes, mostly for chewing purposes though.
Since I knew Joli wouldn't be excited about the shirts, I picked out another present for them to open. This time Joli was over the moon, saying "Thank you mommy, you're the best" several times, and giving me tons of hugs!
Markus was once again very into the unwrapping process.
And of course the chewing process. Good thing the fire truck has lots of chewing spots.
Joli actually played with this globe the entire time we were in Target about a month ago. After a lot of talking and some legit tears, she remembered that I had already said we weren't buying anything in the store but what we came for, and that she would have to wait and see what she got for Christmas.
Joli very quickly learned that it's not some to carry around and play with when she dropped in on the carpet, and I explained that if it happened again that it would probably break. She decided to set it in the window so that we could enjoy it.
After we were done with our presents, we went over to spend some time with Grandma Lori and Auntie Holly. Markus was a big flirt as always.
He got several opportunities to play with his fire truck.
Grandma Lori made some yummy gingerbread cookies!
Then we all gathered around the table to make our gingerbread houses. Markus joined us.
Joli did a great job helping grandma Lori.
This was our finished product. I spent probably too much time on mine. It's the one on the right with all the "snow".
We had a wonderful afternoon! Now if Joli would just get over this little cold, we'd all be happy campers!

1 comment:

Laume said...

I didn't get to make gingerbread houses with anyone this year. :( I remember you worked very hard on the one you made here one year too. LOL