Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Long Hard Day

We started out our day by packing up the car and getting ready to go visit Grammi and Papa. Since we were going to be in the car for quite some time, I thought it would be a good idea to leave after gymnastics. Plus we got to see our friends one last time before they left for the holidays too!



The drive started out good enough. Markus slept for more than three hours and Joli watched a movie and played. Then we stopped and had a snack/potty break. After that things started to unravel. Markus decided that he no longer wanted to be in his car seat. The toys he had only entertained him for about twenty minutes, then he would take his binky out of his mouth and screamed at it and me for it not being in his mouth. Then after about five minutes I would contort my arm over the back of my seat into his car seat and put the binky back into his mouth. Five minutes later, it would happen again. This went on for an hour and a half before I gave up and stopped. We had another snack/potty break, and set out again. This time Markus lasted thirty minutes. Then he screamed at the top of his lungs no matter what I did for almost two hours. So we stopped again. This time at Target where we played in the toy section for about an hour and I finally found Markus a light up toy that attached to the back of the seat so that he wouldn't be sitting in the dark unable to see anything. I also found this cute little guitar that plays a couple little rock jams.
Then I got everyone in their jammies, one more meal, and then prayed that they would sleep. Joli did. Markus screamed for another forty-five minutes. He finally stopped just before I found the wonderful Starbucks that was still open and had a drive-thru, and before we started up over the pass (which was icy and scary). We made one more quick stop that Joli slept through and Markus had another meal, before making it the last stretch! WE ARE SO GLAD TO BE HERE!!!!

No comments: