Friday, July 12, 2013

Day Fourteen - "Final Destination"

We woke up at 2:30a.m. on Tuesday morning to get ready to head home! It was a long trip, but somewhat easy since both kids watched movies and slept almost the whole time. We were super excited to be home and to take pictures of our souvenirs! These are the mugs that I went out of my way to get! Yay!


These were the other souvenirs we got. The Virginia Beach stuff we got in the airport because Joli insisted that we needed souvenirs. The other two we got on site and the kids were super excited! We had two Statue of Liberties but Markus broke one, so I have promised to glue it back together.
Shortly after we arrived, we went outside to visit with the dogs and to check on the garden. Boy was it thriving!!

Markus was a complete mess. He was obviously very tired, whining about the shirt that he was wearing, and upset that I wouldn't go inside and find him something else to wear immediately.
Joli was happy to be back to all her toys.
I love how much my sunflower has grown. It's beautiful!
The flowers on the fence are beautiful too.
Not only has the zucchini flourished, and a squash plant that I didn't plant so I have no idea what it is, but my cucumber is also climbing into the tomatoes! It's fabulous!
My strawberries are also very delicious.

Here are a few things that I picked too!
After we finished checking out the yard, we headed down to the store to get some groceries, then came back to make some lunch. I told Markus to sit down while I cooked, but he didn't quite make it...

It was a great trip and we were super excited to be home, but then after a day or so the kids started asking to go back!! It was such a great trip!

No comments: