Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day Two - "On the Way Back"

After we left the Statue of Liberty, we went past Governor's Island, which I've never even heard of! Apparently it originally was were the governor lived, but now he lives upstate somewhere. It was a beautiful island though. I imagine there would be beautiful weddings on it. The first building we saw was the old jail house. It was super cool! I hope to take a tour of it someday!  



 Our next stop was the Brooklyn Bridge. It was totally gorgeous!

 There was so much to see as we rode along the river. It was so amazing!












 We made it back to Battery Park and the kids wanted their picture taken with the eagle. They were so curious and wanted to know what everything on it symbolized!
 We were told that while we were in New York, we had to get a hot dog from a hot dog stand. So since we were hungry and it was lunch, that's what we did!

 We got back on the bus and our guide told us all about this amazing church. I wish I could remember all that was said!
 This bar was so cool! I wish I would have been with my hubby and could have gone in! It was made all out of shipping containers!
 The architecture totally got me again on the bus ride back!

 While driving past one of the NYU buildings, our guide mentioned that it costs $46,000 to go there, a SEMESTER, not including room and board!
 There were so many things that I've read about, or seen in shows and movies, that it was just so cool to see in real life!
 It was also pretty cool to see so many things growing in a concrete jungle.



 I believe our guide said this was New Jersey across the water. I was super excited to see the Pepsi building!

 We went by the United Nations building and they were in session! So cool!

 Another gorgeous building and architectural elements.

 This was Madison Avenue! The guide said it costs well over $15 million to live here, and that's if the members of the board approve of you!

 Another sight that I would love to return and see!
 I'm a giant dork, I know, but I was so bummed that I couldn't go in here!!







 When our bus went by Central Park, we just had to get off for a quick little walk!

 The natural and man-made blending together was just so beautiful.




 Since we'd been out for HOURS, and we were exhausted, I figured we should start back to our hotel. We got back on the bus, and made it back to Times Square.

 The amazing refuge in the day was the air conditioning and beverages at the Starbucks! We spent probably forty five minutes (with a BUNCH of other people) waiting for our drinks, but it was so fun!
 It was about twelve blocks back to our hotel, which I had to somewhat coach Joli through after roughly nine hours of walking and site seeing. There was still much to been seen on our walk too!
 We picked up some slices of pizza on the way and had dinner on the floor of our room again. Joli was happy to show off her souvenir of the day. Both the kids got one, but Markus broke his. He cried. I have to glue it back together.
It was seriously a GREAT day!

No comments: