Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Zumwalt Park

In an effort to keep the kids from waking Papa, we took them to the local park on the reservoir. We also took the dogs, and the kids were super excited to be able to walk a dog that wouldn't drag them down the street!

 There were some blackberry bushes along the way, and of course we had to stop and sample.



 Joli found several flowers she thought should come home with us.
 Markus was all about the shade. I mean it was only 98 degrees...
 There were many sticks along the way.


 There was a great climbing tree, and the kids were a little nervous to get in it, but I put them in it anyway.



 I figured I would set a good example and show them how not scary it is...



 I'm such a good role model :D





 Then I had to figure out how to get down....

 Joli started feeling a little braver.
 Markus said "Here, I'll help you. Grab my stick!".


 Once we were done climbing, we walked down to the water.










 We cooled off a little, felt the mud beneath our toes, and then decided to move along.


 We found more things to climb on...




 We finally found a tree that Markus could get in on his own.
 And there were bees in it.

 Then we found "The Lost Boys Hideout"!












 Joli: "Shhhh! Captain Hook will hear you!". Markus: "I will stop him!".

 After making sure the coast was clear from Captain Hook and his men, we headed off to look for some "Indian Braves".






 Joli had her "warrior staff"...







 Soon we made it to the woods for more exploring.




 We made it back out to the road, and Markus wanted to walk a dog again.


 Joli had a lot to carry home...

It was a lovely little expedition!!

No comments: